SKU:LHIM001 Type: Brand:Original Availability:In Stock!
BatterySupport.com offers direct sale and 3rd party replacement IBM ThinkPad T40 2376 Hinge are specifically designed for each IBM hingebrand and model. we provide better performance and reliability at an reasonable price! ,1 year warranty.
Installing a screen hinge isn't as simple as just screwing the hinge plate on the edge of the door. The problem is that that plate is generally about 1/8-inch thick, so if it's sitting on top of the wood, it will create an obstruction that will bind when the door closes. The IBM ThinkPad T40 2376 Screen hinge must be inset into the wood of the both the door and the jamb (the flat surface of the doorway that faces the edge of the hinge).
1. Position the IBM laptop screen so it's standing on its front edge, with the back edge facing up at you.
2. Place a hinge on the upward-facing edge of the door, about 1 foot from the end. Set it so that one flap of the hinge sits completely on the edge, with the hinge pin running alongside the edge and the other flap of the hinge hanging down. Make sure the hinge pin is on the side that will swing outward from the house.
3. Mark around the lcd hinge plate on the edge of the door, using your pencil. Move the hinge out of the way. Cut around the pencil mark with a utility knife, cutting about 1/8-inch deep all around.
4. Use a chisel to peel off a layer of wood inside the cutout area, tapping the chisel gently with a hammer. You should end up with an indentation in the wood that's the shape of the IBM ThinkPad T40 2376 screen hinges plate and about 1/8-inch deep.
5. Set the hinge plate in the cutout area. Make sure the plate surface is even with the wood (if it's high, chisel out a little more of the wood). With your drill and pilot bit, sink pilot holes into the door through each screw hole of the hinge.
6. Insert your screwdriver bit into the drill. Use it to sink hinge screws into each pilot hole, securing the IBM ThinkPad T40 2376 Hinge.
7. Repeat the process for each hinge on the screen hinge (generally two, sometimes three).
8. Set the free sides of the hinge plates into the hinge jamb in the same way, standing the door in the opening to mark the proper position of the hinges on the jamb and chiseling the insets. Install the hinge.